Wednesday, March 27, 2013

SPITFIRE


Spitfire
12" x 12"
March 2013
commercial fabrics, batiks and hand-dyes
machine stitched and quilted
hand sewn beads

My little dragon is preceding me to New Mexico right this very minute. Two days of pushing and I managed to get him done.

Here's a close-up of his face. It really is so very hard working this small. I am just not used to it. I found myself with my nose 2 inches above the presser foot with my zig zag setting somewhere close to one. Tomorrow will be a welcome change working with the bigger quilts again.

I made the decision that even though I am not currently working, I am going to go to Santa Fe for the convention. I had booked my room eons ago but yesterday I bought my plane ticket. I'm going for a week, Tuesday the 23rd to Tuesday the 30th. I have to rent a car and I will be doing a bit of sightseeing as I had been planning a few months ago. I'm really looking forward to it and I hope to see all the people I met in Denver and meet and get to know some new friends. 

On to the big quilts.

2 comments:

  1. Nancy
    Delighted that you are coming to Santa Fe! Will see you there. Love your dragon.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing you, Judy, thanks.

    ReplyDelete